Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cuzco, Peru

The last of the epic bus journeys is done - 12 hours this time, past the wonderfully blue Lake Titicaca.

Cuzco is resplendent in grandeur. ´What manner of grandeur?´, you may ask.

´Post-colonial grandeur´, I would surely reply, quoting freely from the Catechism of Cliche.

Hassly for el gringo, though.
´Hey Mister, want taxi?´
´I have one, thanks.´
´Where you stay?´
´The Ritz.´
´When you go to Macchu Picchu?´
´I´m not.´

Today am going to rent a bike and find Inca ruins, keeping a special eye out for stone wall.

´What manner of stone wall?´, you are entitled to ask. ´Stone wall comprising unfeasibly large, irregularly-hewn blocks that fit together seamlessly´, I would likely reply.

1 comment:

rumour said...

I think iron maiden gave a concert infront of those rocks before....