Thursday, November 30, 2006

Another great day at Crazy Horse yesterday, culminating in a failed onsight attempt on Blood, Love and Steel (6c+), the crux of which I fell off half-a-dozen times. Two consecutive on-off moves on paltry sidepulls and woeful smears. When I finally bagged the moves I was frazzled with a combination of airtime and climbing in the sun all day, and felt too pooped to haul up to the anchors. Josh II, who is 6' 1" and has an ape-index of about +6, simply reached past the crux and cruised on up. Bah! As for me, I'll just have to come back next year...

Singha, Leo and Chang beer was variously consumed in some quantity by the Crazy Horse International Climbers Drinking Team last night, in which an impressive performance was put in by the Norwegian contingent.

Now it's just a couple of hours until I board a Laos Airlines flight to Luang Prabang. Should be interesting...

No comments: